Saturday, January 1, 2011

So Long 2010: It's A New Dawn, It's A New Day, It's A New Year





For My Thoughts


Surely my thoughts for 2010 are worth more than a penny - but that's all I've got as I sit here watching Ryan Seacrest rocking in the New Year in the Big Apple. Yup it's that time again to reflect upon the year and offer up some thoughts and random musings on the year that was 2010.

2010...it was the best of times...it was the worst....well really 2010 was all good. And even if it wasn't, I can't change it and I refuse to waste ANY time thinking about things I can't change. All I can do is look forward and strive to do better. Below are some of the moments in 2010 that impacted my life the most.

In Feb 2010 on a whim I decided I needed a blog. I put all the blame for this squarely on Jen from @Twimom227 who was starting her own blog and having a great time with it and before you can say "tweer pressure" I had to have my own blog too. I really don't know what I hoped to accomplish or what I was doing and that's the problem - I was delusional.

I don't consider my blog to be a big girl, grown-up Book Blog  (ummm not even in the same galaxy) as some of my favorite blogs (including Jen's above) @smexybooks, @hangingwithbells, @FixonVxn, @larrisalife and just some of my favorite blogs in general @buckeyegirl31, @JulieYMandKAC, @NikiBrandyberry  - now those girls know how to blog! I seriously don't know how y'all do it - the little I do takes so long. I just can't crank out a review that easily. Sometimes I think it takes me as long to review the book as it does to read it.

In March 2010 I decided to get serious - AGAIN about losing weight and getting healthy. I have struggled with weight issues my entire life. Hopefully this time it will be different. I am NOT getting any younger and if I want to live to be a ripe old age and in good shape then I need to be healthy. No ifs, no ands and no buts. I won't get into this too much now - think I'll do a seperate post on that later - I don't want to be tooooo long winded. But I am very pleased with my progress to date even if I did get off track in December.

In April 2010 I purchased my very first Ipod/Itouch. Now I can see you shaking your head - this is a top moment in 2010 - huh?
Not only do I now have some awesome music downloaded to workout to including some of my favorites for 2010 Rihanna's Only Girl, Usher's DJ's Got Us Falling in Love and Enrique Iglesias' Tonight I'm Falling In love, but more importantly I now have something to read Ebooks on! At last count I have 6 e-reading apps.

I discovered in 2010 that I love reading on my Itouch. It will never replace my paper books, but you can't beat the convenience of that one-touch click buying (dangerous) and the ease of having multiple books available right at your fingertips.

Here are my favorite books for 2010 (in no particular order)

Something About You by Julie James
Naked Edge by Pamela Clare
Demon from the Dark Kresley Cole
Exclusively Yours Shannon Stacey
The Entire Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning
The Moonlight Series by Nancy Gideon
Silent Scream Karen Rose
Untraceable by Laura Griffin
Liberating Lacey Ann Calhoun

Book Boyfriends seem to be very popular at a lot of the blogs I follow (I'm looking at you @hangingwithbells) and although I like a good man as much as the next gal, I just can't get that ga-ga over any guy on paper.

3 "guys" who made an impression on me in 2010:

Barrons: Say my Name! From KMM Fever series. Without "tweer pressure" I never would have discovered all the goodness that is Barrons. THANK YOU Tweeps. I am forever in your debt.

Malkom: Demon From the Dark by Kresley Cole
Max: From the Moonlight Series by Nancy Gideon

Mmmmm interesting how all my book "boyfriends" are not human?

Best New-To-Me Authors I Discovered in 2010:

Laura Griffin, Nancy Gideon, Shannon Stacey, Cynthia Eden, Maya Banks, Karen Marie Moning, Gini Koch

Favorite Auto-Buy Authors:

Julie James, Pamela Clare, Lisa Gardner, Rachel Gibson, Jill Shalvis, Toni Blake, Tess Gerritsen, Susan Elizabeth Phillips

New Authors I Need to Read:

Carolyn Crane, Olivia Cunning, Stacia Kane

What's ahead for 2011?

Read More?
Review More?
Exercise More?
All of the above?

There can never be too many books, only not enough time to read them all.

It's going to be an exciting 2011! Bring it on!

3 comments:

Twimom227 said...

Aw! Thanks for the shout out! Looks like you had a wonderful 2010 and I look forward to hearing more in 2011!! Happy New Year!

Julie said...

You're very sweet Judi! I agree with you about Julie James. I just discovered her in December and already she is on my auto-buy list. And I know I've said this many times, but I am really looking forward to hearing what you think of all the books by the authors on your "Authors I Need to Read" list. Three amazing authors with equally amazing tales!
Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Loved your look at 2010! I am extremely flattered to be included =D and I think you're doing a fabulous job! May 2011 bring you an year full of accomplishments, you def deserve! =D