Friday, December 31, 2010

Anybody Wanna Play Pretend Good Cop/Bad Cop? I Do! I Do!

Newly divorced Lacey Meyers wasted too many years yawning through sex in the missionary position. Now she's looking for a hookup with a man who can make her shatter. What she gets is a hot younger cop with handcuffs...and he's not afraid to use them.

Hunter Anderson knows the score—though classy, successful women like Lacey might play with guys like him, at the end of the evening, they walk. But when one night leads to another and then another, he finds himself getting too attached to a woman he can't have.

Lacey knows Hunter—gorgeous, hard-edged and eight years younger—won't want anything permanent. No matter how hot and daring he makes her first public sex, quickie, backseat encounter and secret fantasy role-play, she can't mistake adventurous sex for emotional involvement.

They both know it's got to end, and soon, or someone's going to get hurt. But can either of them go back to life without the other?

Reader Advisory: Lacey's highly erotic "forced" sex fantasy comes true in this book. Lucky her!

Making the Grade: A




For My Thoughts


Tweer pressure strikes again (what can I say I’m a push over). This time I have Mandi @smexybooks for “turning me on” to this fabulous Ebook.

Liberating Lacey by Ann Calhoun could have just been a clichéd erotic story about the latest Cougar looking to land the hot boy-toy. Or a story about how your station in life affects how you relate to people whether your working class or one of the upper class. It could have simply been another erotic story filled with endless scenes of meaningless sex. It was none of those things and to some degree all of those things combined to make one terrific story. This is one of the best books I have ever read in this genre.

I loved both Lacey and Hunter. I connected with both characters particularly Lacey. Being single and on the wrong side of 30 (or 40 but who’s counting!) is hard enough without venturing out into the big bad world of dating especially when you haven’t been on a date in over 15 years (can I relate much?).

Lacey had major insecurities about her age and dating a younger man - ummm he was only 28 - it’s not like 36 is exactly over the hill. In addition, to me Hunter seemed more mature and more responsible than maybe most 28 year old males today. He was a dedicated hard working cop, did double shifts when necessary and helped his dad do home renovations when not working - he was one of the good guys.

On the flip side Hunter was insecure with his place in Lacey’s life. Hard working blue collar cop, living pay check to pay check doesn’t really measure up in the high profile world of investment banking and wining and dining the movers and the shakers. In Hunter’s mind he wasn’t in the same social class as trust fund baby Lacey and it ultimately affected their relationship. I loved that Lacey grew up with wealth, but that didn’t stop her from being one of the top in her field and she actually worked hard for her money (when really with her trust fund she could have totally been a slacker).

First impressions are very important and needless to say they both made a profound impression on each other.

Lacey’s first impression of Hunter the first night at the bar: Broad expanse of chest testing the seam of a black t-shirt, close-cropped dark brown hair, green eyes, angular cheekbones and mouth set in a firm line and from the first touch of his hands on her hips as he moved her out of his way at the bar. Zing-a-ling-a-ling. Holy hot mama!

Then as Lacey continues to check him out and he catches her at it: “Like what you see?” Yes…why Yes I do…panting..drooling…ohh wait that’s me - not Lacey..but her reactions were pretty similar too.

Not to be outdone, Hunter zeros right in on Lacey since she’s not exactly the typical customer to grace Buff the bar-slash-dance club voted the best place to meet someone new and Hunter can spot it right off the bat. She thinks she looks out of place because of her age, but Hunter sets her straight.

“Honey, you can’t hide class under those Fuck-me clothes.

The one place these 2 had NO issues communicating was in the bedroom…hot hot hot, smoking hot behind closed doors action or in the back seat of a car or in the parking lot the first night they hooked up at the bar - no sense wasting any time. Since Lacy is for all intents and purposes relatively innocent about the dating scene, a lot of her experiences with Hunter were “firsts” and they just keep getting better and better . As each new “first” was experienced, the passion and heat just kept increasing and not just for Lacey, but Hunter was equally affected as well by their electric passion. At the start both Hunter and Lacey were just looking for a casual, mutually beneficially, satisfying sexual relationship. As it progresses the chemistry between these 2 is off the charts.

Did I mention Hunter was a cop? With a uniform? And handcuffs? And it turns out someone’s been a very, very naughty girl. The result is a little fantasy role playing encounter hot enough to scorch the skin off your fingers and ohhhhh my forget that good cop crap - I’ll take bad cop Hunter any day of the week! I swear I saw steam coming off my Itouch and thought I was going to have to douse it with water.

Liberating Lacey was amazing and I am so glad I listened to my instincts and downloaded this book and you should too. You will not be disappointed. I will definitely be reading more from this author.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I *may* have a slight turn ons with uniforms...ok, I have a HUGE turn on with uniforms. I need to read this book!

WEIGHT LESS NOT MORE said...

Nikki! You must read this book for that scene alone. What's one more book on the TBR?

Julie said...

I just peeked at your review because I have this on my Kobo waiting patiently. I just like very much that you really enjoyed it. Maybe I should move it up on my to-read list...lol