Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Sunday *Sigh*: The Heat is On...Or Not



It's winter. It's cold. I live in Canada.

Every workday morning I start my car about 7-10 minutes prior to leaving to warm up the inside and loosen the frost on the windows. When the time comes, I jump in, give the windshield wipers a flick just to make sure I can see and drive off. Sounds easy right?

Imagine my surprise one morning this week when I jumped in the car and the windows front and back are still frost covered and the inside is still like a little icebox. What is going on? Has my heater broken down? The front/rear defrosters stopped working?

It took me all of about 2 seconds to realize what I had done...or not as the case may be. People! The heater and defrosters can't do their job if YOU DON'T TURN THEM ON! How can I go out to my car with the express purpose of pre-warming it and then forget to turn the heaters on? It boggles my mind and quite frankly I fear for my future.

Every time I do something so exceedingly stupid that I don't think I can top myself, apparently I can.

Can't wait to see what I come up with next. I am skeerit!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL my hometown is Rio and right now there is hot as hell and here I am freezing my ass off in Portugal =/

LMAO though the heat there can be quite annoying too! =D

Anonymous said...

I live in Indiana and I have to warm my car up every morning as well. I did the same thing as you just the other day and felt mighty foolish for it. My poor daughter & I shivered all the way to school lol.

Julie said...

That is funny and I feel your pain! I don't know why, but my hubs won't start the car until everyone is in it and buckled. I'm always begging him to start it a few minutes before we are due to leave but noooo... I wish I know what his deal was. I mean, what's wrong with not wanting to freeze your butt off for 3 minutes while your car heats up. Even the kids complain that they are cold! lol

WEIGHT LESS NOT MORE said...

Jamie: Thanks now I don't feel nearly as bad. I just hate myself when I do stupid things and I have to sometimes wonder where my head is at (ok I wonder it a lot!).

Julie: What ?!? Your hubby won't warm the car up. That's like abuse lol! I am not interested in scraping the windshield at 615am. I wanna jump in the car and go!

Larissa: You're in Portual or Rio? What do you know of cold? LOL! Well you were in NY for a month so it was probably a little cool while you were there. Hope you are enjoying Portugal.