Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Perfect Holiday Stocking Stuffer for Your E-Reader





Elliptical E-Reading
Time 1hr 23mins
Cal 1342
Pages 196KB

Making the Grade: B+











For My Thoughts



Looking for a little holiday read to get you in the Christmas spirit? Well then look no further than Holiday Sparks from Carina Press by Shannon Stacey.

I’ve read three books by Shannon Stacey this year and each one has delivered on the laughs, making me smile from ear to ear, great banter between the main characters and always a great, feel good story. My first Shannon Stacey read, Exclusively Yours is one of my favorite reads of 2010.

I felt a real connection...in the electrical emergency sense anyway to Chloe Burke. Turn on the microwave and blow a fuse...yes that has happened to me. I have a fuse panel that I really should get changed over to a breaker system...mmmm I wonder if I call an electrician now I might end up with my very own version of a Scott Quinn? Probably not. With my luck, the hunchback of Notre Dame is likely to arrive.

One of the many charming things about Holiday Sparks was that Chloe and Scott kind of knew each other in high school, but not really. I say kind of because she was the hot chick (and still is) while Scott was the guy in thick glasses and had the bowl haircut who liked her from afar. So while he recognizes Chloe immediately when he shows up on her parents front porch, she has no recollection of him. Seems he’s changed...a lot. Gorgeous, sexy as all get out with his low slung tool belt and some incredibly flat, rock-hard abs. Yummy! No more glasses and nasty haircut for this guy.

Holiday Sparks is a cute, short novella and surprisingly hot. Yes the sparks really do fly between Chloe and Scott but in a truly believable manner considering the course of this book takes place over the period of a couple of weeks. My holiday wish was that their story had been longer. Of course I feel that way about most story stories that I really like. They're over way too soon.

I would be remiss in my review if I did not mention the other character who totally stole my heart. Now this guy’s a bit hairy, but loyal and undeniably lovable (HEY - that could be the title of the next Shannon Stacey novel!) none the less. He’s a little attention hog, always on the lookout for a good belly rub and a quick pat on the head and he’s the best foot warmer evah! Yes I‘m talking about Kojak the German Shepherd, Scott’s 4-legged companion. I want my very own Kojak and well I wouldn’t turn down my very own Scott either (just saying).

Put aside the stress of the holidays and forget about all the baking and shopping and wrapping and cleaning you still have to do before Christmas and enjoy a little Holiday Sparks. It’ll be a lot easier to do all those things with a smile on your face which you can count on after reading this cute holiday novella.


From the Author's Website

House-sitting for her parents seemed like a good idea, until the microwave blew up and the lights went out.

Now Chloe Burke thinks upgrading the electrical system of her childhood home while they are away would make the perfect Christmas gift. Fortunately, there’s an electrician in town who can get the job done by the holidays.

Scott Quinn has wanted to get his hands on the Burkes’ wiring for almost as long as he’s wanted to get his hands on their daughter. Chloe didn’t notice Scott back in high school, but she’s noticing him now, and soon they’re indulging in a little festive fun: no strings, no expectations. After all, Chloe plans to get out of this goldfish bowl of a town and back to her real life in Boston by New Year’s.

But Chloe and Scott discover they enjoy each other’s company just as much out of bed. Could their holiday fling turn out to be the real thing

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great review and the cover is sooo cute! btw doesnt the male model look a bit like Ashton Kutcher?? LOL

WEIGHT LESS NOT MORE said...

Thanks Larissa! He is a cutie and now that I look at him closer - he does look like Ashton.