Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Sunday *Sigh*: My 33 Second Rule

Hey Brain! Yup it's me again with another installment of the Sunday *Sigh*.



When you workout at the gym, whether it's the treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike or weight machines, proper gym protocol dictates that as a courtesy to the other members you clean the machines when you are finished your workout. Because really do you want to be working out in someone else's sweat?

So the workout's complete, it's time to clean the machine. I amble over to the paper towel dispenser and I'm waiting and waiting and waiting for the person in front of me to get the heck out of my way...why is she taking so long...move it sista don't you know I've got miles to peddle and weights to lift?




Finally with my paper towel all spritzed up I waltz back to my elliptical, Itouch blaring tunes in my ears. One arm swiped and wiped on the elliptical and I'm working on the second, when I spy the man two machines over giving me the side eye and trying not to smirk. Mmmmmm what's up with him?

Light bulb moment! I'm cleaning the wrong machine! I was on the machine beside gym guy and he's trying not to laugh at me cleaning the wrong elliptical.

Shoulders squared, head held high I put the imaginary gun to my head and pull the trigger as I slink over to my machine and begin the wipe down process again as if I'd intended to clean the wrong machine all along.

I've just proven to myself once again that after 33 seconds...I can't remember anything.

3 comments:

ms bookjunkie said...

Hey, five seconds later, my brain doesn't remember what I was supposed to be googling. Yeah.

Wylie Kinson said...

LOL!! Made me wonder how many times I've done this myself...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.