Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween Mini Goal Mildstone: Great Treat - With No Tricks

Happy Halloween



I've been really good over the last eight months about making mini goals for myself in my weight loss journey and to date I have achieved some remarkable results with a lot of hard work.  I've found that having a small goal to work towards and something that is attainable has really kept me focused on making small changes and not stress over the big picture.

Last Friday I ran 6 miles...all at one time...in 1 hours 11 minutes. That is really incredible for me. I was determined to try it since I had been running 5 miles at least once a week for the last few weeks and I thought it was time to up the ante. And I did it! Considering where I was 8 months ago...I've come a long way baby!

So I set a mini goal for myself for October 31 - Halloween Day - a day celebrated by eating unlimited, mass amounts of candy.  Seemed like a good day to set a goal. 

I wanted to reach 90 lbs lost...and I did it!

3 comments:

Lissa Matthews said...

That is awesome! Congrats to you!

ms bookjunkie said...

Way to go! Congrats!

WEIGHT LESS NOT MORE said...

Thanks for the congrats! It's been a lot of hard work but so worth the results. I have a ways to go, but I'm headed in the right direction.