Saturday, September 18, 2010

TWITLOSS! My Top 5 Reasons to Lose Weight: Reason 1 The A-Ha Moment




I brought in the Big Guns to reveal TWITLOSS Reason #1




Y'all watch Oprah right? Even if you don't watch her show, you'd have to live under a rock if you've never heard anyone talk about having an A-Ha moment.

You can never predict when that moment is going to strike, you know when the light bulb goes off over your head, the stars align and suddenly everything clicks.


TWITLOSS Reason #1: The A-Ha moment

Stardate: 313184.64 (6 months ago)

It was a dark and stormy night.

A lone figure, coat ill-fitting, unbuttoned and flapping in the brisk march wind steps off the driveway and gingerly over a snowbank, attempting a shortcut to reach the cold car parked on the deserted side street.

It's late, the snow is lightly falling and in a split second, one wrong step and the figure tumbles to their knees.

After a few minutes the figure attempts to rise, but unable to gain their footing and with nothing to use as leverage to pull themselves to their feet, resistance the effort is futile.

A puff of warm air expelled in effort from the victim's mouth can been seen mingling with the brisk night air as the struggle to rise continues like a beached whale flopping around in the snow.

Heelp! Heelp! I've Fallen and I'm Too Fat to Get Up!


Finally, after what seem like an eternity, somehow the figure manages to lumber to their feet with the moans and groans of their efforts the only noise disturbing the still, silent night.

For any who haven't figured out yet where this story is going...I am the lone gunman on the grassy knoll figure and yes this event spawned my A-Ha moment. This was my turning point. The light bulb went off and thankfully stayed on.

I am ashamed and embarrassed to admit that #Twitloss reasons 2-5 were not pathetic enough excuses for me to take stock of my life and realize that changes were necessary.

For whatever reason, this was the experience that "broke the camel's back" and turned it around for me.

TWITLOSS REASON #1

No comments: