Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wednesday Workout Readin' N Ridin'


HEY! Who snuck into the gym and took my picture when I wasn't looking and posted it on my blog?????? 

Ok all kidding aside somedays this is what I feel like and it sure made me laugh (at myself). Plus don't we all have days when we feel like this?

So I completed my Read-n-Ride challange this week and finished Delicious by Shayla Black.  It took me a lot longer than I thought it would.  I had to read-n-ride tonight just so I could finish the book and make my goal.  I wasn't expecting it to take me 6 days to finish this book.

Here are the final totals (minus the 1st day cuz I wasn't smart enough to think of this idea before I started the book).

Pages read 353
Riding Time 3hours 18minutes
Calories Burned 1334
Distance Peddled 69.74 miles

My take on the book:

From the Back Cover:
He can’t control his desire.
Luc Traverson’s entire future is planned out—but there is one very sexy obstacle in his path: Alyssa Devereaux . She’s a former exotic dancer turned strip club owner and restaurateur. Recently, Alyssa and Luc shared one night of wild abandon that left Luc terrified by his loss of self-control—and Alyssa desperate for more.
And that’s just the way she wants it.
Fulfilling a promise, Luc is the guest chef for Alyssa’s restaurant debut. The sight of her makes Luc wild, so how can he survive a week without letting loose and ravaging her—especially when she’s begging for it? Luc’s desire for her explodes when he realizes he isn’t the only man desperate to have her. But one of the others is deadly. And that’s not the end of Alyssa’s secrets…which are as dark and mysterious and enticing as her fantasies.

So I was looking forward to Delicious. It didn't take me long to realize this was probably not the most appropriate book to be reading at the gym?!? Good thing I had my book cover on it....Yikes!

Hot shot chef Luc Traverson broke the golden rule all readers know: Never judge a book by its cover. In this case that book is Alyssa Devereaux, former exotic dancer turned strip club/restaurant owner.

I did not like Luc at the start of this book. I found him to be a judgemental, hypocritical walking hard-on. Whatever his reasons, Luc thinks Alyssa is beneath his station in life because she’s a stripper and therefore she must sleep around. At this point in his life Luc is looking for a good little woman to marry and bare his children and Alyssa just doesn’t measure up to his standards. That doesn’t stop him from constantly sporting a raging hard-on or constantly thinking about having sex with Alyssa every second of the day. Oh ya and he somehow manages to conveniently forget about the little school teacher Emily he’s been dating back home and is thinking about proposing to.

Alyssa is not the person Luc perceives her to be. She’s survived a traumatic childhood, she’s come a long way and she’s made a name for herself. Alyssa’s got her own version of a hard-on for the sexy chef. Ever since Luc and Alyssa had a one night stand three months previously, she’s never been able to forget the way Luc rocked her world.

These two were actually a good match for each other. They played the she loves me, he loves me not; she hates me, he hates me too song throughout the entire book. Their mixed feelings for each other aside, that didn’t prevent them from going at it like bunnies whenever they were in spitting distance of each other. Very hot, energetic bunnies!

During the second half of the book, the action gears up as Alyssa is being targeted by a stalker – or two or three. No surprises though who the bad guy(s) are. Three stalkers may have been one too many.

Overall rating ♥♥♥

Next week's challenging read

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read on the elliptical (with my Kindle). Hard to do, but I can't do the bike :(

Looks like a pretty good book! Maybe I can start doing that as well! It'd get me through my MONSTER of a TBR pile a lot faster, that's for sure!

You're doing great! 69+ miles and more than 1300 calories? That's AWESOME!!

WEIGHT LESS NOT MORE said...

I do the elliptical also for my actual cardio workout, but watch daytime talk shows(I record Ellen, Oprah and The View everyday and take my portal DVD player to the gym). Biking just doesn't burn enough calories and I figure if I'm going to be sitting on my arse reading anyways, I may as well be getting a little something extra out of it.

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

you know you are an inspiration!! i think that is great that you did that... gives me ideas.. at least that is a start... lol...

and the book.. well.. just makes them think what you read at home if you sport that out in public! i love my covers.. all of them.. lol.
i have gotten sideways glances before while reading!

hope all is well and keep up the great job!