Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Sunday *Sigh*: Are You There Brain? It's Me Judi


As I get older, I wonder how I'm ever going to survive. If I get any stoopider, it doesn't bode well for my future.

How many times do you do things without thinking, either by rout because it’s something you do all the time, you are trying to multi-task or you just aren’t paying attention? How many times have you wandered into a room, only to forget what you went in there for?

I work every Sunday morning at a part-time job (this is in addition to my full-time 40hr/wk day job) and I‘ve been doing it for about 12 years now. I don’t have to be there super early (9:00am so no excuses there), I work by myself (no one bugging me or constantly interrupting my train of thought - again no excuses) and I only have to stay as long as it takes me to complete the job (most Sundays less than 2 hours). So why than do I do soooooo many STOOOPID things?

Dear Brain:
Here are some things I need to work on:

When driving to work



do not drive instead to the gym even if it is
less than 5 minutes away from where you work.




How many times have I done this?
More times than I care to admit (including Easter Sunday when the gym wasn't even open).
The fact that work and the gym are so close is a good thing AFTER work...but not before.


When trying to open the office door: Do not try to open it using your house key - it will not work

Surprisingly it will not work by pushing the buttons on your remote car door opener either



Yes sadly I am guilty of both, hard though it is to admit. You and I really need to have a heart-to-heart and get on the same page...sooner rather than later.

*Sigh*
Until next time,
Kthxbai

PS: What are some STOOPID things you've done? Please feel free to comment if you aren't too ashamed to admit it?

No comments: