Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Sunday *Sigh*: Wandering Minds



I stopped for some groceries on the way home from work on Friday night. Stop the presses…no don’t there’s nothing newsworthy there.

I got out of my car and opened the back door to reach in and grab one of my environmentally responsible shopping bags (and because they charge you for them at the store). As I was staring off into space, bag in one hand, I realized after a moment that in my other hand I was clicking the remote control button to lock and alarm the car. Click, click, click, click…mmmmm car doors are not locking. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! You can’t lock the doors WHILE ONE OF THEM IS STILL OPEN and you‘re still inside the car!

Quit looking at me like that! I have a very good excuse *ducks head in shame*. My mind wanders - no big surprise there and in this case I was thinking about the book I’d been reading the night before *insert great, big, huge smile on my face here*.

There is a certain airplane scene in Face of Danger by Roxanne St. Clair that is very, very hot and sexy and obviously for me…very mind-wandering inducing.

Roxanne St. Clair brings new meaning to the words airplane and going down in the same sentence. Instead of the negative outcome those words might conjure up, let me state for the record that a good time was had by all, resulting in a successful and happy landing. In the scene that had my mind wandering, scantily clad Vivi Angelino displayed to just what “lengths” she was prepared to go to in order to maintain her “deep” cover. It was a super sexy scene and cautious Colton Lang never stood a chance.

So there’s my excuse. I totally lay all the blame right at Roxanne St. Clair’s feet for this edition of the Sunday *Sigh*. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

2 comments:

roxanne said...

Heh heh. Hope you bought some ice water in the grocery store. You might need it for the rest of the book!

Thank you!

xoxo
Rocki

Julie said...

You're too funny...and apparently I really have to check out Roxanne St. Clair!