Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Sunday *Sigh*: Wakey, Wakey!



Ahhhhh everyone looks forward to a well deserved day off work - that‘s what Friday was for me. Whether you call it a vacation day, a personal day, an unexpected sick day the results are the same...no commuting or traffic, no phone calls beeping in my ear, no Dilbert cubicle, no emails, no emergencies, no catastrophes. Just a day to do whatever I want whenever I want whether it be laze around, read to my hearts content, watch copious amounts of daytime or sleep till noon...no alarm clock to awaken me at 5:45am...ummmmm wait...What.Is.That.Noise? It’s 5:45am and I hear music playing! Arrrrgh!

Yes being the creature of habit that I am, I sabotaged my own day off. Yes I set my alarm clock before I went to bed Thursday night obviously not a thought looming in my head of my impending day off and yes it went off at 5:45am just like clockwork. Yes I am a loser!

After my initial disorientation, you know when you wake up and you can’t remember what day of the week it is; do I or don’t I have to go to work today? There was some name calling and bad words were yelled but after a quick trip to the potty, I tumbled myself back into bed, pulled the covers back up and snuggled under their warmth easily returning to the land of peaceful slumber. A little bump in the road to the start of my day off, but I got over it quickly and when I did finally wake up (no need to tell you want time it was), I did all the things I wanted to do and more, but mostly is was just so great not have to go to work.

If there is a silver lining - my day could have started out worse than being woken up at 5:45am on my day off - I could have forgotten to set my alarm on a day I was supposed to work. I think I like the way things turned out better.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Gah! I hate waking up and having that initial panic because you can't remember what day it is!
Fun post, as always. I enjoy your Sunday Sigh posts!

The Book Pimp Blogs said...

Thanks Julie! As long as I keep doing dumb things - there will always be lots of material for The Sunday Sigh.