Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Sunday *Sigh*: To Cap it Off




The Sunday *Sigh* initially began as a random, once in a blue moon post about something dumb (stupid, forgetful, ill-advised …call it what you will) that I had done and felt the need to share on my blog for a laugh. At the rate I’m going - this may turn into a weekly affair! So please enjoy yourself at my expense.

I tried to convince myself one morning this week on the way to work that the strange noise I heard emanating from the rear passenger side of my car was nothing more than a hard chunk of ice that had broken loose from the undercarriage of my car and was trapped in the wheel well rolling around like clothes in a dryer. Now the noise wasn’t loud and it didn’t seem to be consistent, but it was a new noise I had not previously heard.

Once I arrived at work and got involved in my day the noise was quickly forgotten until on the way home, it reared it’s ugly head again…mmmm maybe it was time to get it checked out? While stopped at a traffic light in the city, a car pulled up parallel to me and motioned for me to roll down my window. The gentleman kindly advised me that not only was my gas door open, but the gas cap was hanging precariously from a little plastic piece against my car. What?? Did someone open my gas cap and siphon gas off me? Had I been *gasp*  gas robbed? Since the light was still red, I quickly remedied the situation and screwed the gas cap in where it belonged and shut the little door.

As I got back in the car...the light bulb went off. The noise I'd been hearing was the gas cap banging against the side of my car. See the day before I had stopped to get gas as I do every week and what, what, WHAT in the sam hell was I thinking (or not thinking in my case) that I could complete gassing up my car and NOT screw the gas cap back on?!?!? Seriously WTF is wrong with me??

So this is a good news/bad news story. The good news…there is nothing seriously wrong with my car that will cost me an exorbitant about of money to fix. The bad news….there is something seriously wrong with my brain that no amount of money can fix. People! Fear for my future...cuz I know I am!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Gas robbed! You're too funny. lol